Dear SIGLOG Members,
The October issue of the SIGLOG Newsletter appeared.
In this issue
- We pay tribute to one of the founding fathers of computer science, Boris A. Trakhtenbrot (1921-2016), with an obituary by Lawrence M. Fisher.
- We report on several prizes that have recently been awarded in the area.
- In Mikołaj Bojańczyk’s Automata column, Igor Walukiewicz writes about MSO and higher-order model-checking.
- Ben Rossman presents a new proof of his Homomorphism Preservation Theorem in Neil Immerman’s column on Complexity.
- In the Conference Reports section, edited by Jorge A. Pérez, Paul Fodor reports on RuleML 2016 and Sandra Alves writes about FSCD’16.
- As usual, we wrap up with the latest issue of SIGLOG Monthly, prepared by Daniela Petrişan.